Asphalt Removal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asphalt Removal

Post  magicmax on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Hello,

May nadaanan ako na fresh asphalt applied sa road last Saturday, madaming sa sides near the wheels. What product would you recommend? Thank you.

magicmax

Back to top Go down

Re: Asphalt Removal

Post  Lydemer on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:28 pm

magicmax wrote:Hello,

May nadaanan ako na fresh asphalt applied sa road last Saturday, madaming sa sides near the wheels. What product would you recommend? Thank you.

Use a water based degreaser to remove the asphalt. Don't use solvent or oil based solvents as it will be harmful to the paint job.
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  magicmax on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. Medyo nahuli lang.

I tried buying an asphalt remover form Blade last Friday. Unfortunately, they have no more stock sa branch nila sa MOA. After browsing the Internet for information, I decided to use kerosene as suggested in several articles that I came across last Saturday. Natatakot kasi ako, baka tumigas mas lalong mahirap tanggalin. Ang pangit din tignan lalo na sa warm silver - kitang-kita yung itim na talsik sa sides. Bale gumamit ako nang basang basahan with small amounts of the liquid tsaka ko ni-rub slowly and gently against the affected areas. Tapos binuhusan ko agad ng tubig. I also used joy liquid detergent/water solution before spraying water to quickly remove residues of asphalt and kerosene from the affected areas.

Mukhang OK naman yung result. Anong product in particular are you suggesting? Maraming ginagawang kalsada sa amin dito sa Laguna baka may madaanan ulit ako na bagong aspalto na kalsada.

magicmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydemer on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 pm

magicmax wrote:Thanks for the reply. Medyo nahuli lang.

I tried buying an asphalt remover form Blade last Friday. Unfortunately, they have no more stock sa branch nila sa MOA. After browsing the Internet for information, I decided to use kerosene as suggested in several articles that I came across last Saturday. Natatakot kasi ako, baka tumigas mas lalong mahirap tanggalin. Ang pangit din tignan lalo na sa warm silver - kitang-kita yung itim na talsik sa sides. Bale gumamit ako nang basang basahan with small amounts of the liquid tsaka ko ni-rub slowly and gently against the affected areas. Tapos binuhusan ko agad ng tubig. I also used joy liquid detergent/water solution before spraying water to quickly remove residues of asphalt and kerosene from the affected areas.

Mukhang OK naman yung result. Anong product in particular are you suggesting? Maraming ginagawang kalsada sa amin dito sa Laguna baka may madaanan ulit ako na bagong aspalto na kalsada.

I carry water based degreaser cleaners which are not oil based and considered safe on paint finishes as well as rubber and plastics. Try clicking on this link: autorestoreph.webnode.com for more information. Now that you mentioned what you did to remove the asphalt, I would suggest that you apply wax on the paint surface as you used kerosene as well as joy detergent that removes the wax that protects your car's paint. Without this protective layer, your car's paint is vulnerable to the harmful effects of UV rays.
Lydemer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top