Aircon questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aircon questions

Post  rasd on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Good evening Sirs,

Happy easter po! tanong ko lang po sana if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I have with my GL aircon. Mine is 2009 model but this is really the first time nagkaproblem ako sa kanya.

Bale, we have two main aircon vents sa center console di ba? I noticed kasi yung right vents (passenger side) vents mabilis mag labas ng cool air so I think gumagana naman ng maayus sa side na yun. Kaso po yung left side vents (driver side vents) hinde lumalamig. Parang blower lang sya and in fact mainit yung hangin na lumalabas sa kanya.

tig isa po ba ang aircon system ng GL (i.e. magkahiwalay na thermostats) for the left and right sides? ang weird kasi magkaiba yung temperature ng air na lumalabas sa right and left vents e. Mabagal tuloy magcool down yung aircon especially since summer since parang 50% lang gumagana. I don't think its the filter kasi kapapalinis ko lang last PMS and malakas naman yung hangin. Yun nga lang talaga, 50% mainit, 50% malamig lumalabas sa vents.

Any help would be appreciated. I plan to bring to the casa to check soonest but gusto ko lang din po sana magask for any similar experience.

Thank you.
rey

rasd

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  Lydemer on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 pm

I think there is a misalignment in one of the control ducts that forwards hot or cold air in your system. As our vehicle is equipped with both aircon and heater systems, the misalignment could technically channel different air temperatures on the left and ride side. Now on your inquiry on how many evaporator units our GL has; the answer is just one so having multiple cooling evaporator units for the left and right just does not make sense economically and functionally. To fix the problem, have your GL serviced and checked for this issue and if it is covered by warranty, claim it.
avatar
Lydemer

Posts : 300
Join date : 2010-11-02
Age : 47
Location : Cainta, Rizal

Back to top Go down

Still on aircon

Post  xuaeenr on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 am

Adding to the air con thread.

I had my GL aircon serviced today by my mechanic. Aircon is not working, blowong but no cold at all since Wednesday this week. He and another mechanic had to take off the whole dshboard to get to the evaporator. Replaced the evaporator, expansion valve and dryer/filter (tube thing). Will finish then reassembly. Because of the configuration, very complicated and long time to do. Will cost me about P9,500 with parts and labor for two for two days. With freon refill of course. Casa would definitely by almost double so I did not even bother. Sayang lang because its only 3 years and 3 months old.

Also, comment ng mechanic ko our evaporator is small compared to Innova while we have the same pax and seating capacity. It might be stressful for the evaporator.

Will try to post the pix of the carnage tomorrow! He he he!

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  aln on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 am

@xuaeenr, musta na AC mo sir? naayos na po ba?
avatar
aln

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Farview, QC

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  xuaeenr on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi!
Ok na. Two technicians had to work on from Saturday to Subnday noon. Total cost is

P3700 - evaporator
P1200 - expansion valve
P1400 - receiver dryer
P3500 - labor for 2
P9800 total

They had to take off the whole dashboard. So far so good.

Need to save up on the engine mount since 1 has broken rubber support.

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  Bin Diesel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 pm

xuaeenr wrote:Hi!
Ok na. Two technicians had to work on from Saturday to Subnday noon. Total cost is

P3700 - evaporator
P1200 - expansion valve
P1400 - receiver dryer
P3500 - labor for 2
P9800 total

They had to take off the whole dashboard. So far so good.

Need to save up on the engine mount since 1 has broken rubber support.

pics naman sir.

also you need to replace the broken mount asap since it will cause all the other mounts undue stress and cause them to break prematurely.
avatar
Bin Diesel

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : Binan, Laguna

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  xuaeenr on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 am

can i just replace 1 mount? it does not have to be a set? thanks in advance?

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  arnold29 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:44 am

xuaeenr wrote:Adding to the air con thread.

I had my GL aircon serviced today by my mechanic. Aircon is not working, blowong but no cold at all since Wednesday this week. He and another mechanic had to take off the whole dshboard to get to the evaporator. Replaced the evaporator, expansion valve and dryer/filter (tube thing). Will finish then reassembly. Because of the configuration, very complicated and long time to do. Will cost me about P9,500 with parts and labor for two for two days. With freon refill of course. Casa would definitely by almost double so I did not even bother. Sayang lang because its only 3 years and 3 months old.

Also, comment ng mechanic ko our evaporator is small compared to Innova while we have the same pax and seating capacity. It might be stressful for the evaporator.

Will try to post the pix of the carnage tomorrow! He he he!

sir hindi ba pwedeng palitan ng mas malaking evaporator just a silly question,baka pwede

arnold29

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  Lydemer on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 am

xuaeenr wrote:Adding to the air con thread.

I had my GL aircon serviced today by my mechanic. Aircon is not working, blowong but no cold at all since Wednesday this week. He and another mechanic had to take off the whole dshboard to get to the evaporator. Replaced the evaporator, expansion valve and dryer/filter (tube thing). Will finish then reassembly. Because of the configuration, very complicated and long time to do. Will cost me about P9,500 with parts and labor for two for two days. With freon refill of course. Casa would definitely by almost double so I did not even bother. Sayang lang because its only 3 years and 3 months old.

Also, comment ng mechanic ko our evaporator is small compared to Innova while we have the same pax and seating capacity. It might be stressful for the evaporator.

Will try to post the pix of the carnage tomorrow! He he he!

Just to comment, the Innova is way bigger than the Grand Livina in terms of interior space in addition that it has a dual zone aircone system as compared to the single system set up for the Grand Livina. In my opinion, it would be more appropriate to compare the Grand Livina with the Avanza. If you were to increase the size of the evaporator, you should also consider the stress it will give to the compressor as it may not be designed to accommodate such a modification and you could technically end up with a much more expensive repair. Likewise there are a lot of factors that could lead to the failure of the evaporator from manufacturing it, the installation process up to the stresses it has to undergo due to use.

On the basis of having it done by casa, there are cases wherein the SA would recommend a replacement due to the budget of the customer though getting the original part will merit the owner a warranty which is guaranteed for 6 months. In most cases, having it done by another shop would give limited if not no warranty at all for the work. The thing I fear most about other shops is that they might just do a lot of guess work on the disassembly of the dash board in order to gain access to the aircon system and that could lead to missing screws, torn plastic brackets or worst vibrations that could come out due to the ill assembly process. To be honest, these people are not trained to do disassembly of car dashes on new cars. They learn it on the job and that could lead to a lot of errors or mistakes along the way.
avatar
Lydemer

Posts : 300
Join date : 2010-11-02
Age : 47
Location : Cainta, Rizal

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  xuaeenr on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am

I am happy with the disassembly. They have a lot of experience with new releases. Plus I get to see it myself all the time.

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  Bin Diesel on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 pm

xuaeenr wrote:can i just replace 1 mount? it does not have to be a set? thanks in advance?

pwede naman bakit naman hindi. just make sure that all other mounts do not have cracks or are still in good condition.
avatar
Bin Diesel

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : Binan, Laguna

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  xuaeenr on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 pm

@Arnold

Hindi pwede palitan ng mas malaking evaporator. Physically exact lang sa space behind the center conse and cant accomodate a bigger one. Next not sure if the compressor can handle it.

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  xuaeenr on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 pm

The good thing about taking off the center console and dash is i know now how to replace my lame stock HU. I saw the connections.

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  aln on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm

xuaeenr wrote:The good thing about taking off the center console and dash is i know now how to replace my lame stock HU. I saw the connections.

hehe, madali lang naman siya. iba lang yung connection ng antenna ng radio natin.
avatar
aln

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Farview, QC

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  kyoloh on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:23 am

Xuaeenr .. San mo pinagawa ang gl mo? I also have the same problem with my aircon and i know they will charge me more .... May leak din ang aircon ko kaya baka palitan nila ang evaporator ... Ok ba mag pa gawa outside casa for aircon issues like this? - kyoloh

kyoloh

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  aln on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm

kyoloh wrote:Xuaeenr .. San mo pinagawa ang gl mo? I also have the same problem with my aircon and i know they will charge me more .... May leak din ang aircon ko kaya baka palitan nila ang evaporator ... Ok ba mag pa gawa outside casa for aircon issues like this? - kyoloh

i think ok lang naman basta be sure na sa reputable shop mo papagawa and bago mo pagawa eh pa estimate mo muna lahat (parts and labor), ganun din sa dealer mo then compare the prices. kung maliit lang difference eh sa CASA ka na.
avatar
aln

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Farview, QC

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  kyoloh on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:59 pm

aln wrote:
kyoloh wrote:Xuaeenr .. San mo pinagawa ang gl mo? I also have the same problem with my aircon and i know they will charge me more .... May leak din ang aircon ko kaya baka palitan nila ang evaporator ... Ok ba mag pa gawa outside casa for aircon issues like this? - kyoloh

i think ok lang naman basta be sure na sa reputable shop mo papagawa and bago mo pagawa eh pa estimate mo muna lahat (parts and labor), ganun din sa dealer mo then compare the prices. kung maliit lang difference eh sa CASA ka na.

Thanks aln.... Any shop you can recommend in laguna or alabang area?

kyoloh

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  JNF on Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Mga Sirs, ask ko lang kung may nakapag linis na sa inyo ng aircon cabin filter, at kung paano ito tatanggalin. TIA!

JNF

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-02-22
Location : Santa Rosa Laguna

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  blooperoo on Sat May 04, 2013 11:46 am

JNF wrote:Mga Sirs, ask ko lang kung may nakapag linis na sa inyo ng aircon cabin filter, at kung paano ito tatanggalin. TIA!

meron nag post nyan with pictures pero di ko sure kung dito or sa tsikot pa. masisilip mo yung filter sa may glovebox side pero medyo delicate yung clips.
avatar
blooperoo

Posts : 227
Join date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  JNF on Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks, nakita ko na kung san nakalagay yung cabin filter. kailangan tanggalin yung glove box at nasa pinaka dulo sya nakakabit,actually pinakalikod sya ng aircon controls. napansin ko kasi humina yung buga ng aircon, then after kong malinisan ay medyo lumakas ulit pero sa tingin ko kailangan ng palitan talaga...Mga magkano kaya ang price ng aircon cabon filter ng livina?

JNF

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-02-22
Location : Santa Rosa Laguna

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  cht2wenty4 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Whats up boys.. :DIt's been a while since i posted..

Just had my A/C cleaned at a nearby shop here in Cavite. Sobrang hina kasi nung blower. It took them 4hrs, sobrang dumi nung evaporator and pag tingin namin puro "Jelly"sabi ni manong... dahil daw sa ginagamit ko na airfreshener na glade(gel). Nahihigop daw yun and bumabara. They charged me P2500. worth it naman kasi parang brand new yun aircon ni Nicole, sabay bagong tint 3M Super Black a.k.a Manyak Black for P3500.00 (Sides and back) di ko na pinalitan yung front kasi naka 3m magic black naman yun from casa. Very Happy
avatar
cht2wenty4

Posts : 299
Join date : 2010-05-23
Age : 37
Location : Bacoor, Cavite

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  sirra on Sat May 17, 2014 11:56 pm

[quote="xuaeenr"]Hi!
Ok na. Two technicians had to work on from Saturday to Subnday noon. Total cost is

P3700 - evaporator
P1200 - expansion valve
P1400 - receiver dryer,
P3500 - labor for 2
P9800 total

They had to take off the whole dashboard. So far so good.



Good day sir.  May question po ako sa pinagawa nyo sa aircon nyo.

Yung P3,700 po ba price ng new evaporator?  Kailangan po ba palitan expansion valve at drier?

Magpapalit po kasi ako ng evaporator (nabutas po kasi di ko napalinisan in more than 3 years). Outside casa ko po pagawa.

Para alam ko po iba-budget if ever.  P2,000 po singil sakin labor, dito po malolos.

Thanks in advance po sa reply.

sirra

Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

aircon questions

Post  sirra on Sun May 18, 2014 12:05 am

Pahabol po na question. mahirap po ba baklasin ang dash ng GL para maabot evaporator?

Yung unang aircon shop na pinuntahan ko, dinukot lang evaporator kaya nabali ang isang kabitan ng turnilyo dun sa casing banda ilalim ng evaporator.

ipapagawa ko sa ibang shop pero po dash ang babaklasin.

sirra

Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Aircon questions

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum