aikka or dupont?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

aikka or dupont?

Post  jermej_md on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:56 pm

mga sir, ask ko lang kung ano mas maganda between aikka and dupont. I have 06 nissan sentra(N16) gx, ill have it scheduled for washover sana or even change color. white kasi yung sentra and papapintura ko sana para di sya magmukhang taxi. meron nako na puntahan na shop.. NOTHING TO HIDE, sa may Pedgro Gil Sta Ana, aikka ang gamit nila.. kinompare ko naman dun sa isang napuntahan ko sa west ave katabi lang ng mister kebab, dupont ang gamit. i was thinking of painting the car pearl white or any pearl, kaso di ko alam kung dun ako sa sta ana or sa west ave papapintura. and di ko rin alam kapag nagpachange color ako, magkano at pano aayusin sa highway patrol. any suggestions mga sir?
avatar
jermej_md

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 31
Location : Mandaluyong

Back to top Go down

Re: aikka or dupont?

Post  eggy_reyes on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

jermej_md wrote:mga sir, ask ko lang kung ano mas maganda between aikka and dupont. I have 06 nissan sentra(N16) gx, ill have it scheduled for washover sana or even change color. white kasi yung sentra and papapintura ko sana para di sya magmukhang taxi. meron nako na puntahan na shop.. NOTHING TO HIDE, sa may Pedgro Gil Sta Ana, aikka ang gamit nila.. kinompare ko naman dun sa isang napuntahan ko sa west ave katabi lang ng mister kebab, dupont ang gamit. i was thinking of painting the car pearl white or any pearl, kaso di ko alam kung dun ako sa sta ana or sa west ave papapintura. and di ko rin alam kapag nagpachange color ako, magkano at pano aayusin sa highway patrol. any suggestions mga sir?

Sir im not familiar with aikka, but i know dupont as a good paint. but more than the material or brand, i suggest you go with the better paint shop. in fact even nippon or anzahl would be good if handled by an expert paint shop. If the west ave shop you're talking about is ATOY or yung shop ni mike (atoy's painter) then I think you will be in good hands. they've been in the car industry for so long already. If you opt to have the the color change, they should be able to help you with the paperworks and registration for a fee or maybe include it in a color change package. I honestly dont advise color changes for cars less than 10years old as it decreases the value or the saleability of your vehicle.



Last edited by eggy_reyes on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

eggy_reyes

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: aikka or dupont?

Post  EuroFD on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 pm

DuPont is being used by many OEM car makers so you can't go wrong with their paint. I have a number of friends who have used the more aggressive and exotic colors of Aikka, and have won car shows' best in paint or exterior categories. A good example is Aikka's black gold color (c/o Hotwheels).

From personal experience, Anzahl candy (Ferrari) red is a time-tested head turner. In the end, it all boils down to your color preference and budget. I suggest you choose from stock colors, and avoid mixing colors. Mahirap mag touch up or repaint damaged panels using mixed colors. HTH
avatar
EuroFD

Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: aikka or dupont?

Post  jermej_md on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:10 pm

eggy_reyes wrote:
jermej_md wrote:mga sir, ask ko lang kung ano mas maganda between aikka and dupont. I have 06 nissan sentra(N16) gx, ill have it scheduled for washover sana or even change color. white kasi yung sentra and papapintura ko sana para di sya magmukhang taxi. meron nako na puntahan na shop.. NOTHING TO HIDE, sa may Pedgro Gil Sta Ana, aikka ang gamit nila.. kinompare ko naman dun sa isang napuntahan ko sa west ave katabi lang ng mister kebab, dupont ang gamit. i was thinking of painting the car pearl white or any pearl, kaso di ko alam kung dun ako sa sta ana or sa west ave papapintura. and di ko rin alam kapag nagpachange color ako, magkano at pano aayusin sa highway patrol. any suggestions mga sir?

Sir im not familiar with aikka, but i know dupont as a good paint. but more than the material or brand, i suggest you go with the better paint shop. in fact even nippon or anzahl would be good if handled by an expert paint shop. If the west ave shop you're talking about is ATOY or yung shop ni mike (atoy's painter) then I think you will be in good hands. they've been in the car industry for so long already. If you opt to have the the color change, they should be able to help you with the paperworks and registration for a fee or maybe include it in a color change package. I honestly dont advise color changes for cars less than 10years old as it decreases the value or the saleability of your vehicle.


sir, im not sure if it's atoy.. karcraft autoworks yung shop sa westave.. both are highly competitive shops din sir.. pero i guess ill go for nothing to hide sir kasi malapit lang samen and ive seen their entries din for carshows.. kung papapearl ko would it decrease the value of the car?
avatar
jermej_md

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 31
Location : Mandaluyong

Back to top Go down

Re: aikka or dupont?

Post  jermej_md on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 pm

EuroFD wrote:DuPont is being used by many OEM car makers so you can't go wrong with their paint. I have a number of friends who have used the more aggressive and exotic colors of Aikka, and have won car shows' best in paint or exterior categories. A good example is Aikka's black gold color (c/o Hotwheels).

From personal experience, Anzahl candy (Ferrari) red is a time-tested head turner. In the end, it all boils down to your color preference and budget. I suggest you choose from stock colors, and avoid mixing colors. Mahirap mag touch up or repaint damaged panels using mixed colors. HTH

thanks sir for the suggestion.. mukhang maganda nga yung aikka. I planned to paint it with pearl effect kasi more of pearl white para dina ireregister sa HPG.. and they told me.. dadagdagan na lang daw yung top coat para if there would be any scratches di aabot sa paint.. yun nga lang problema sa pearl eh tricoat sya, mahirapan ang pagtimpla if ever may mga retouches na gagawin.. i was thinking, hindi ba may mga color code yung ganun? at sa mga dealers ng aikka or dupont ang mixing? I've been to Dupont sa may shaw, and they're the ones who mixes the paints.. if i get paint there directly at hindi yung shop, mas makakatipid sana kaso ang problema walang pumapayag na car paint shop sa ganun.
avatar
jermej_md

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 31
Location : Mandaluyong

Back to top Go down

Re: aikka or dupont?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum