Is it just me?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  xuaeenr on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 pm

do you guys have any idea who does this? any recommendable shops?

when I turn off the radio, I can't avoid but hear the vibrations.

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  badtoy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:31 pm

xuaneer, dynamat installation can be done by car audio shops.

kung hindi maafford ang dynamat... there is Evostik Flashband Smile
avatar
badtoy

Posts : 218
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 105
Location : PQUE

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  xuaeenr on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 pm

badtoy wrote:xuaneer, dynamat installation can be done by car audio shops.

kung hindi maafford ang dynamat... there is Evostik Flashband Smile

Thanks! any idea how much this costs?

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  badtoy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 pm

ay totally no idea sir. Malamang yun mga mahilig sa sounds dito yun makakaalam or better tawag ka sa suking audio shops na preferred ng ka loopers dito.
avatar
badtoy

Posts : 218
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 105
Location : PQUE

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  eggy_reyes on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:18 am

xuaeenr wrote:do you guys have any idea who does this? any recommendable shops?

when I turn off the radio, I can't avoid but hear the vibrations.


http://www.mickeysautosound.com/services/door-sound-deadening-treatment.html

they the oem asphalt base @ 800 per sheet / 1K+ per sheet for branded ones like stinger, dynamat, stp.

the front doors will consume 1.5 to 2 sheets each, while the rear doors will consume 1 sheet each. doors palang yan ha!! Smile no idea on trunk roof and floor installation, pero baka kasi bumigat yung kotse masyado.

eggy_reyes

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  aln on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 am

alam ko ang usual installation is front doors and trunk. dito pa lang daw eh mararamdaman mo na ang difference. flashband is a good alternative although mas mabigat ito compared sa branded ones.

OT na tayo Very Happy
avatar
aln

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Farview, QC

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  eggy_reyes on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:04 pm

aln wrote:alam ko ang usual installation is front doors and trunk. dito pa lang daw eh mararamdaman mo na ang difference. flashband is a good alternative although mas mabigat ito compared sa branded ones.

OT na tayo Very Happy

for audio yes... deaden the front doors for your seps and the trunk for the sub, basically vibrations caused by your music.

but in the GL's case we might have to deaden most of the car to dampen or eliminate vibrations, rattles and squeaks caused by some multiple and unidentified parts.

yes OT na nga Smile

eggy_reyes

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  badtoy on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:36 pm

installing deadening materials such as dynamat will surely result to a heavier vehicle and higher fuel consumption. Para kang nag dagdag ng dalawa pang spare tires with rims.

The reason also why our cars has not much sound deadening materials to make it feel as solid as other cars is because of power to weight ratio. The car is already big and heavy for a 1800 cc engine. Much more its an automatic. Having a light car have its pros and cons. Disadvantage of having a non solid feeling when driving it is one, however response of the engine is surprisingly good compared to other automatics.

Kahit hindi nga solid ang feeling natin at makakalas yun mga GL natin on imperfect road conditions, I would say maganda yun response nya. Mabilis at masarap i drive. ibang klase yun driving experience nya with other automatics na para ka lang nagdadrive ng laruan.
avatar
badtoy

Posts : 218
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 105
Location : PQUE

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  eggy_reyes on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:06 pm

^^
amen!
Smile

eggy_reyes

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  xuaeenr on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks!

xuaeenr

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  Emm21 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks sir badtoy for enlightening me. Ganon pala yun he he...
avatar
Emm21

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  jedsky on Tue May 17, 2011 10:55 am

eggy_reyes wrote:
xuaeenr wrote:do you guys have any idea who does this? any recommendable shops?

when I turn off the radio, I can't avoid but hear the vibrations.


http://www.mickeysautosound.com/services/door-sound-deadening-treatment.html

they the oem asphalt base @ 800 per sheet / 1K+ per sheet for branded ones like stinger, dynamat, stp.

the front doors will consume 1.5 to 2 sheets each, while the rear doors will consume 1 sheet each. doors palang yan ha!! Smile no idea on trunk roof and floor installation, pero baka kasi bumigat yung kotse masyado.

tumawag ako sa nihhao and I asked how much palagay ng dynamat. they said 990php daw 4 na pinto. parang nakakapagtaka naman kasi sobrang mura the fact na 1k+ ang isang sheet non and 1.5 to 2sheets ang nacconsume sa front doors each.
avatar
jedsky

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  aln on Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 pm

naka hindi po dynamat yun or baka 990 per door
avatar
aln

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Farview, QC

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  Bin Diesel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:48 am

Pabuhay ng thread.
Having owned a GL for 3 weeks i can say na may mga disappointments na ako lalo na interior na di ko napansin nung nagvieview pa lang ako sa showroom at namimili ng sasakyan. Samples are the plastics of the interior have gaps between them like sa mga magazine holders sa pinto and sa handbreak area I also think similar things like these causes some of the rattles on the dashboard. Definitely mas maganda ang interior ng 1995 na sentra ss namin kesa dito sa GL. Pero what makes me love this car and forget all the imperfections are the way it drives, I love the how it handles curves at higher speeds i can really feel it really hugging the road, I also love the way I can configure the seats for carrying large and small stuffs.
Yes the car may have it's imperfections and I don't know how reliable the car is but I am hoping that it will give me the same peace of mind that I had with our sentra whose engine, transmission and aircon remained in tiptop condition even after all these years. Sabi ko nga our sentra made me love nissan I hope the GL will make me love it even more. Very Happy
avatar
Bin Diesel

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : Binan, Laguna

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  badtoy on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 am

expect more of those rattls in the coming days and months. Basta alaga lang sa maintenance sa dealer and tell them about the rattles.

Also, the GL has stiff suspensions. Parang naka coilover hehe. The only thing I hate about it is the non-independent rear.
avatar
badtoy

Posts : 218
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 105
Location : PQUE

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  Bin Diesel on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 am

badtoy wrote:expect more of those rattls in the coming days and months. Basta alaga lang sa maintenance sa dealer and tell them about the rattles.
Also, the GL has stiff suspensions. Parang naka coilover hehe. The only thing I hate about it is the non-independent rear.

tama kayo sir badtoy matigas nga ang suspension pero well appreciated naman ito kapag puno kasi di maalog maganda pa rin ang ride. pinalambutan ko na lang ang gulong para di masyado matagtag kapag ako lang mag isa sakay.
avatar
Bin Diesel

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : Binan, Laguna

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it just me?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum