Steering noise scoreboard

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steering noise scoreboard

Post  steel pulse on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi guys.

I'm starting this thread to have a running tabulation of the remedial solutions applied by Nissan dealerships and their efficacy of each solution. If your GL was, or is still, experiencing noise on the steering wheel kindly post the action done by your casa and whether such action was effective in the short term or long term. The purpose of this thread is that after all feedbacks are in, we may be able to inform NMPI of the result and it may help them formulate a solution to the steering noise issue.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering noise scoreboard

Post  dbanker on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:06 pm

ako Atty, meron pa ako niyan... may tunog! pero after seeing your "inserted hose", papakita ko yun sa aking SA... papakita ko din sa sunday sa EB... pero hindi sya noise as in "while travelling"l; noise sya kapag todo na ang kabig habang lumiliko or umaatras...
dbanker

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm

dbanker wrote:ako Atty, meron pa ako niyan... may tunog! pero after seeing your "inserted hose", papakita ko yun sa aking SA... papakita ko din sa sunday sa EB... pero hindi sya noise as in "while travelling"l; noise sya kapag todo na ang kabig habang lumiliko or umaatras...

Yes Sir. That is exactly the noise I'm referring to. NO noise in straightaways but during maneuvers from dead stop.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 pm

I am still experiencing that noise and according sa person in charge sa warranty ng Nissan Gallery QA hindi pa din daw available yung coupling from nissan japan. Sinabi ko sa kanya how sir steal pulse's GL steering noise problem was resolved. And he told me that kapag sa naka full turn daw sa right ang steering wheel on transit at may noise then need to replace coupling pag sa left naman daw eh yung "inserted hose" daw ang solution. I can not remember kung right turn for coupling replacement and "inserted hose" for left or vise versa.

Honestly, I don't have an idea what he is talking about because I haven't seen the steering assembly. And this is too mechanical for me to comprehend. Ay Naku! pang kusina lang talaga ako hehehe...
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 pm

chualie wrote:I am still experiencing that noise and according sa person in charge sa warranty ng Nissan Gallery QA hindi pa din daw available yung coupling from nissan japan. Sinabi ko sa kanya how sir steal pulse's GL steering noise problem was resolved. And he told me that kapag sa naka full turn daw sa right ang steering wheel on transit at may noise then need to replace coupling pag sa left naman daw eh yung "inserted hose" daw ang solution. I can not remember kung right turn for coupling replacement and "inserted hose" for left or vise versa.

Honestly, I don't have an idea what he is talking about because I haven't seen the steering assembly. And this is too mechanical for me to comprehend. Ay Naku! pang kusina lang talaga ako hehehe...

Sir, you can suggest to your SA he can insert the hose on BOTH left and right front coil springs. Then, i-observe na lang kung effective or not.

This is the GL's steering coupling: (I call it steering joint)

This is the "hose fix"

steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

wow! thanks for the info and the illustrations Sir big help po ito.
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 am

chualie wrote:wow! thanks for the info and the illustrations Sir big help po ito.

Sir I also suggest na in the meantime na wala pa ang steering coupling from Japan, ipa hose fix mo na lang muna. Then later, you and your SA can agree on what is the best provisional remedy, that is, before Nissan Japan finally comes up with a re-designed front coil spring.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Sir naka pasok po ba yung 1st loop ng coil spring sa loob ng hose?
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm

chualie wrote:Sir naka pasok po ba yung 1st loop ng coil spring sa loob ng hose?

Sa tingin ko sir parang naka complete ng 1st loop. Although I think the bottomline is that lahat na part ng coil spring making contact with the perch (spring platform) should be encased with the hose.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  chualie on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

That's great! Now I can discuss this with my SA, thanks to you Sir.
chualie

Back to top Go down

Post  aln on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 am

i'll be going to my dealer today to have it fixed. sana alam nila yung temporary fix na ito.

thanks!
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:58 am

@chualie and aln:

Good luck guys. I'm betting the fix will work.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 am

steel pulse wrote:@chualie and aln:

apparently, nissan shaw doesn't know about the "hose" thingy... they just replaced the steering column or kung ano man tawag dun. hehehe
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  gergeray on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:38 am

ang sa akin naman wala akong naririnig na noise sa steering ko, pero may napapansin ako na pag ang speed ko ay ranging 100kph up then mag sudden brake ay nag vavibrate yung manibila. may naka experience na po ba sa inyo tulad nito? ano kaya posible problem nito?

gergeray

Back to top Go down

Post  yoogix on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:59 pm

I remember from my old '97 model car had the same steering noise issue which was isolated by mechanics originating from the front coil springs. When they check, they showed me that the rubber bushings, yes rubber bushings bedding the end of the coil spring were torn due to normal wear and tear. They replaced it with a their DIY bushings fabricated and molded from old tires, which seems to solve the problem

I noticed that my GL do not have these rubber bushings on the front coil springs. I will check with my SA about this during my 20k pms if not this weekend, hopefully next weekend.

yoogix

Back to top Go down

Post  eggy_reyes on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:09 pm

yoogix wrote:I remember from my old '97 model car had the same steering noise issue which was isolated by mechanics originating from the front coil springs. When they check, they showed me that the rubber bushings, yes rubber bushings bedding the end of the coil spring were torn due to normal wear and tear. They replaced it with a their DIY bushings fabricated and molded from old tires, which seems to solve the problem

I noticed that my GL do not have these rubber bushings on the front coil springs. I will check with my SA about this during my 20k pms if not this weekend, hopefully next weekend.

that's what im saying here: http://weareloop.forum-motion.net/technical-discussions-f9/steering-noise-found-and-fixed-under-warranty-t55-15.htm

so wala nga tayong ganun? hayup sa pagtitipid ah (kung wala talaga). standard yan dapat to avoid noise between the perch and coil spring! anyway madali lang yan sa banawe! Smile

eggy_reyes

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:55 pm

gergeray wrote:ang sa akin naman wala akong naririnig na noise sa steering ko, pero may napapansin ako na pag ang speed ko ay ranging 100kph up then mag sudden brake ay nag vavibrate yung manibila. may naka experience na po ba sa inyo tulad nito? ano kaya posible problem nito?

Sir if your unit is more than 2 yrs old, baka ma solve ng wheel re-alignment, unless, vibration lang at waling kabig sa either side, in such case, baka effect ng terrain (i.e., rough concrete). I haven't experienced that kasi I don't exceed 80 kph in a road situation where I might have to apply sudden breaks. You might also want to have your breakpads checked.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 pm

aln wrote:
steel pulse wrote:@chualie and aln:

apparently, nissan shaw doesn't know about the "hose" thingy... they just replaced the steering column or kung ano man tawag dun. hehehe

Okay lang yan Sir. At least napalitan ng bago. But if the noise persists, you can insist on the hose fix in the meantime.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  blooperoo on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:36 am

gergeray wrote:ang sa akin naman wala akong naririnig na noise sa steering ko, pero may napapansin ako na pag ang speed ko ay ranging 100kph up then mag sudden brake ay nag vavibrate yung manibila. may naka experience na po ba sa inyo tulad nito? ano kaya posible problem nito?

pag biglang brake at high speeds siguro yung ABS ang nag cause ng vibration so ok lang sya since ito talaga ang function ng ABS. i remember sa jazz (+ondoy vicitim) namin pag mga 120-140 tapos biglang brake nag vibrate din manibela saka buong car (sa gaan ba naman nya talagang mag vibrate ang kotse) and alam ko na nag work ang ABS. unless siguro pag sobrang nginig ang nangyayari sa yo, pa check mo na din sa casa para safe.
blooperoo

Back to top Go down

Post  blooperoo on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 am

steel pulse wrote:

Sir if your unit is more than 2 yrs old, baka ma solve ng wheel re-alignment, unless, vibration lang at waling kabig sa either side, in such case, baka effect ng terrain (i.e., rough concrete). I haven't experienced that kasi I don't exceed 80 kph in a road situation where I might have to apply sudden breaks. You might also want to have your breakpads checked.

pwede din pa check mo balancing ng mga goma mo. if mga 2 years yung unit mo, check mo din yun production date ng goma pag more than 3 or 4 years kasi tumitigas yung sidewalls ng tire na pwede din mag cause ng vibration.
blooperoo

Back to top Go down

Post  gergeray on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:05 am

more than 2 year na nga ang unit ko but last year lang november rin yata yun nagpalit ako ng gulong michellin tapos pina wheel balance at align ko na rin. at elite lang ang unit ko so walang ABS to. wala namang kabig akong nararamdaman, yun lang parang nanginginig ang manibela kahit na napaka smooth ng daan di kasi ako magpaharorot pag pangit yung daan dahil mahal ko GL ko hehehe...

salamat sa mga advice try ko narin ipa wheel align to at papacheck ko na rin brakes ko.

gergeray

Back to top Go down

Post  badtoy on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 am

my GL is in Nissan Mantrade today for replacement of the steering coupler. There was no noise whein I was doing full turns but sumasayaw or nagwiggle yun car.

Funny thing was when I reported it to my SA and ineencode na nya sa database yun complaint ko, tinatranslate nya sa english yun sinasabi ko.

Me - "Pare ganito yun, pag mag uturn ako at full turn yun manibela, mejo sumasayaw yun oto pero wala naman tumutunog"

SA - "Ok sir eto nilagay ko. Car is dancing when making a u turn with steering wheel in full turn."

natawa naman ako sa car is dancing... pinalitan na lang nya ng "wiggle"
badtoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aln on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:56 am

nyahaha, bat naman kasi "dancing"... kaw naman kasi Sir eh, "sumasayaw" kasi yung term mo, hehehe
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  steel pulse on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:44 pm

aln wrote:nyahaha, bat naman kasi "dancing"... kaw naman kasi Sir eh, "sumasayaw" kasi yung term mo, hehehe

ha ha ha! Pero di ba, walang pinag-iba ang "sumasayaw" sa "gumigewang-gewang"? Is that correct Pres? Hindi kasi ako Tagalog eh. he he he.
steel pulse

Back to top Go down

Post  aln on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 pm

^
hahaha, pwede sir Very Happy
aln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down